Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Lady's Day

Hallo,
  Well I was one happy camper at last nights reception for our current art show over at the Arts and Design Society!!!! One of my encaustic paintings won an Honorable Mention - my first ever award!!!!
And another of my encaustic paintings sold to boot!!!!
  Well todays project is another encaustic painting that I plan for a future show with the theme of 'black and white' - I started with a prepared board with about 4/5 layers of wax on it and then started doing some photo transfers into the wax - I did several layers with about 2 layers of wax over each layer and the last layer with only one coat of wax.
  Then I added some stencils to 3 of the corners.
  I really liked how this one turned out - very simple and elegant.
  Well best get a move on - chores to do and I work tonight too....
     Take Care
          Tera



No comments: