Friday, July 17, 2015

Mermaid Chrystal

Hallo,
  Another encaustic wax mermaid for you today - I have had fun doing these, might have to do a few more yet before its out of my system :)
  This is a 12 by 12 board and I started out with a prepared board - which means several layers of white gesso, then about 4/5 layers of plain wax.
  Next I used blues, whites and in this one some yellows to do my ocean.
  The mermaid is a digital image from Sweet Pea Stamps that is colored with colored pencils (prismacolor and polychrome) and then I cut her out close to the lines.
  The ship is a digital image from Digital 2 for Tuesdays and I added him as an image transfer into the wax.
  Lastly I added my mermaid and some more white and blue to make her look under water and then  covered the whole piece in a couple coats of clear wax.
  The sides are also painted with wax so it doesn't need a frame.
  Alrighty its off to bed with me - worked last night and again tonight so off to sleep.
    Take Care
         Tera




No comments: