Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bevie of Birdhouses

Hallo,
  I had planned on getting in the craft room and doing up a couple challenges today but haven't got there yet so I will show you these quick and maybe get in the craft room after I finish off a couple chores.....
   I hate seeing any book thrown away - especially kids books but when there are torn pages and pages colored over then most folks throw them away. Here I have rescued a few - I used the covers for the roof of the birdhouses and chose pages that were still in good shape to decorated the sides and they turned out so cute.
  I hung them on the clothesline to spray them with a couple coats of acrylic sealer to make them a bit more durable. They looked so cute hanging on the line that I decided it was a good photo op.
   There are 2 Sesame Street ones, 1 Snow White, 1 Cinderella, 1 Dr. Seuss, 1 Winnie the Pooh, and 1 Arthur.
   I had fun making these - have a couple more I would like to get done but we will see how the week goes - I teach a class at work tomorrow and then friday the DD and I go to Pensacola for an ROTC Scholarship interview (and some shopping :) - and then the weekend is work again.....sigh.....I so loved having 2 weeks off.... :)
   Have a good week!!!
         Tera










No comments: