Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Metal Wreath

Hallo,
  Well todays wreath is just a bit 'out of the box' so to speak but when I get an idea in my head, sometimes I just have to roll with it!!!!
  My idea was for a steampunk/metal/guy themed wreath.
  First I made the wreath shape out of scrap wire that my DH had stashed in the garage and then I cut out the leaves.
  The leaves were all cut with Spellbinders and sizzix leaf dies from mettalic paper in gold, silver and copper. Then I ran them through various texture folders - gears, clock parts, diamond plate, tires treads and one like a brick wall.
  The letters are from Flourishes 0 colored with silver and gold mettalic pencils and the die edged with copper mettalic pen.
   In place of the flowers I dug out some small gears and watch parts from my stash and glued them on top of the flowers. The ribbon I attatched them to is a mettalic silver mesh that I found some years ago at a garage sale - I used up the last of it on this wreath - will have to use the gold mesh for the next one.
  It is definatly not your traditional Christmas wreath - but could you picture this on the door to some man-types shop or man cave? :).Kinda funky and fun!!! I ended up with 4 like this one - one I left plain. And then I did a Halloween version with the metal leaves onto a twig wreath - should be able to put the finishing touches on that one today....
   All for today - need to do some house cleaning today along with more crafting!!! (I hate house cleaning!!!!)
  Take Care
       Tera
P.S. This wreath is up on the Etsy shop if you are interested!!




No comments: