Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Steampunk pumpkin

Hallo,
  I am pre-posting for this am as the DD and I are off to Tallahassee(Fl. state capital) - DD has an interview with one of our Florida Senators in regards to her application for endorsement for the Air Force academy...wow that was a mouthful....
  I am hoping to get back in time to get some craft time this afternoon - only 2 days left after today till my craft fair!!!
  I finished off this little cutie yesterday - I started with a fake pumpkin and a cardboard witches hat and covered them with strips of shiny duck tape. The I used several tools to press some texture marks into the tape.
  I then sponged some black alcohol ink on both and then with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wiped off most of the black - leaving the texture showing up better.
   I used stuff I found in my DH's garage (scrap/extras drawer) to make the pumpkins face.
  I glued the crows onto the rim of the hat and gave the 'boy' crow a tie and a lug nut  hat and the 'girl' crow a bow and a button hat - gee they are cute :).
  I found the crows at the Dollar store and after seeing what my friend Vicki ( www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com ) had done with some, I couldn't resist getting a few to play with too!!!
   All for today - Take Care
          Tera





No comments: