Thursday, October 18, 2012

Crow Wreath

Hallo,
  Another one of my wreaths to show you today - another Halloween one!!
   I used leaves cut from mettalic paper (gold, silver and copper) using Spellbinders and Sizzix dies and then ran them through various texture folders (diamond plate, tire treads, brick wall, gears and clock parts).
   I hot glued the leaves to a twig wreath.
  The letters are stamps from Flourishes - stamped on to a silvery gray paper and colored with silver and gold mettalic sharpie pen. I then glued little clock gears and parts to where the flowers on the letters are - and used a couple screw type brads too.
  I strung the letters to a mesh, copper orangeish ribbon and used the rest of the ribbon for a tie for my crow - which I perched on top of my wreath.
    The punmpkin was done steampunk/Tim Holtz style - I covered the fake pumpkin with strips (in different sizes) of shiny duck tape and then added texture with several tools found in da DH's work bench. I rubbed on black alcohol ink to pick up the textures and then added the pumpkin to the bottom part of my wreath.
   All for today - puppy has had her walk and now it is time to get to the craft room and do a few more projects for my craft fair this weekend!!!!
    Take Care
          Tera






No comments: