Thursday, October 25, 2012

Robin Hood Steampunk

Hallo,
   Well its been a busy semi-productive morning already - puppy has taken me for my walk and I have laundry started.
I also spent some time rearranging the front hallway - that is were the kitty's food and litter box is and the puppy LOVES kitty food but lately puppy's tummy ain't so happy with it. Miss Kyna is a very clever little puppy and has managed to get around or through every barrier I have yet devised. My main problem is that if I block the kitty food completely with the baby gate that my very sweet but very old and frail Meow  'Fancy' cannot get to the food because she can no longer jumper over the gate like the younger 2 bratty kitty's. Any gap I leave for Fancy, Kyna seems to be able to wiggle and squeeze her way through.
  Adding to that is that Kyna has chosen as her sleeping spot at night right in front of my bedroom door (guards me well doesn't she :) but that is also right in front of the gap in the baby gate so Miss Fancy - not wanting to cause a fuss in the middle of the night by telling the puppy to get out of her way she decided the last couple nights to just quietly tinkle on my bathroom rug (I figured that out this am - and here I had been blaming the puppy for the piddles....
   Ok so today we moved the kitty food bowls and littler box further back in the hallway and closed off just the food bowls so the litter box is wide open (hope Miss Kyna doesn't find that too interesting to play in or that will blow this plan) The baby gate now completely blocks the dry cat food - which old meow doesn't eat much of any way and I will just have to lift her over the gate and back when I feed her wet food - and the times she feels like eating dry food she has been eating some of puppy's anyhow (and it doesn't bother her a bit). And YES my old meow Fancy is quite the spoiled  grand old lady - she will be 22 years old come mid-December and has literally traveled the world with us from Alaska to Germany and back.
   ALRIGHTY Have you heard enough about my critters today :) - Another steampunk project for you today. I call this the 'Robin Hood' because of the apple on the skulls head - when I bought it I thought it was a small pumpkin  so when I discovered it was really an apple I had to smoke the thinking gears a bit, but still chuckle a bit at my crazy self for this one.
I used 2 decorative furniture tacks for the skulls eyes and then a copper tack and round gear looking washer thingy for the skulls earrings.
  Its a smaller piece but it was fun to do!!!
   All for today - off to hang out the second load of laundry, vacume and then the rest of the day in the craft room.
   Take Care
      Tera

P.S. If anyone has any suggestions to my critter dilemma - I would love any ideas - it would be nice for old meow to have better access to the food bowls and still be able to block off the litter box from the puppy too - I just cannot think of one at the moment .

No comments: