Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Charmed

Hallo,
Another quick post on my way to bed after working last night...
I did this card for this weeks challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers blog - the challenge was to use a charm.
Check out the blog here - http://www.sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com/
I used my copics to color and worked with 2 color schemes that have been a real challenge for me. First is trying for dark skin tones - and in my opinion I have some practice to do yet there and then the other is the reds which I have trouble with also - I think I did better with those this time....
The stamp is from Sweet Pea Stamps of course and I cut her out using a Spellbinders die in an out-of-the-die technique.
I layered her to some bright gold and red Dp and added a gold trim for a frame and a butterfly charm in the upper corner.
All for me this am - one more night to work....
Hopefully my restless old Meow will let me get a bit more sleep today - my 20 year old cat Fancy is such a restless thing and she insists on waking me about every 2 hours (or more). I have even tried laser treatments on her for pain and even though she seems to feel better, she is just as restless....
Take Care
Tera



















5 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

great work!
thank you for joinin us @ SPS again this week!!!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have done well with your card. I struggle with skin, hair and fur for animals so you are not alone!!! Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

Sue Jones said...

Wow! its amazing how different they can look with a change of colour! fab!
Thanks for joining in at SPS this week :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh WOW this is FABULOUS!!~

Love crafts forever said...

Awesome job. Thanks for playing at SPS.
Hugs Nataliya