Monday, September 26, 2011

Orchid shaker


Hallo,
Welcome to another Monday morning - a quick post, a quick walk with my dog and then off to sleep for the day.

I did todays card for the current FTTC challenge at Flourishes - the challenge is to get all girly and glam it up!!! Check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/

I had this image colored up so putting it together was rather quick. I decided to do another shaker card and used my Spellbinders nestabilities this time.

I did recycle the acetate sheet though - it comes from a package of stamps (I save all the plastic sheets for things like this). I pretty much used the same technique found in the shaker tutorials over at Stamp TV - which I linked to on Fridays post.

I did goof just a bit on this one - I added waayyy to many beads, what you see in there now is only half of what I had origionally put in. A bit tricky to take out some beads once you have them sealed in.....I lifted up one corner and took out a small section of the foam tape and poured some back out and then put another piece of foam tape back in that spot.


The orchid stamp is from Flourishes of course - colored with prismacolor pencils.

The frame is a shimmer paper in pink which I edged with metallic gold pen.

Loved this DP and I HAD to use it, edged that with the metallic pen too.

I added some decorative metallic corners and then around the edge of the shaker with dots from a gold Viva decor pen.

Well all for today - Take Care
Tera














6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS!!~

Sheila said...

Love the Bling!! I love this card.

Heather Rogers said...

Amazing work! The shaker style card is brilliant. I love the colored beads inside. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

Theresa said...

Very lovely! I really like the shaker, haven't made one of those in a while. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

Silke Ledlow said...

Tera, your shaker card is fabulous! Love this idea and you designed this card so beautifully! Hugs ~S~

Susan said...

What a lovely shaker card. Love that image and the pearls.