Friday, September 30, 2011

Dappled Friend

Hallo,
Just a quick post for today and then I am off to get ready for work.....
I did this card for the current challenge over at Mo's for 'furry friends' (horses really aren't furry per say but close enough...)
Check out the challenge here - www.mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com



This image is from Mo's of course and colored up with my copics.
I am a horse lover from waaayyyy back and have always loved a dappled horse :) (or spotted, or a bay, or black, or white or palamino.....welll you get the idea :)
I layered the main image to another from the same die set cut from brown paper and ran through a wood texture folder and highlighted with brown ink to bring out the texture a bit more.
I used a gray card base to match the horse and then used some copper liquid beads to frame the frames.
The phrse is from Stampin Up and embossed in copper - then I used a brown sharpie to line right under it to accent it a bit more.


All for today - Take Care
Tera









5 comments:

Terry said...

Wow this is very striking! The embossed background panel gives such a great rustic feel. Love how you colored the image. Fabulous design!

Betty Neville said...

This is adorable! And your coloring is fabulous!

Elaine L. said...

Great card! I love the dappled horse and the textured paper. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Dorcas said...

Oh how LOVELY!!! You did a fabulous job with this, love the shaped frame to the picture and the metal studs.
I’m so glad you could play with us at Mo’s this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas
PS) I have some “no strings attached” blog candy if you’d like to come by.

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I forgot about this image. I love this. Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this week.