Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thanksgiving plaque

Hallo,
Just a short post this evening - I finished this off this afternoon for a challenge over at Outlines. The challenge this time was for 'fall'
Check it out here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com
This plaque started out as a plain piece of round wood with a white cord for hanging. I switched out the white cord for the jute and covered most of the front with dark brown paper that I ran through a texture folder and then I put a strip of paper along the edge to cover it too.
The leaves were cut with my cuttlebug and a Tim Holtz tattered leaves and a Spellbinders leaf set and then I ran the plain cardstock ones through several different texture folders (I inked one side of the folder so the texture would show up even better - a Technique Junkie technique called 'cuttlebug highlights)

I had to laugh at myself - I pulled papers out of my scrap files to do the leaves - red, orange, brown and yellow and then any patterned paper that matched those colors......but I went a bit over board.....I was cutting leaves for SEVERAL HOURS - and then it took me another hour to run them through the texture folders - so now I have leaves, upon leaves for at least a dozen projects :) LOL
I glued the leaves overlapping each other around the circle - each hangs off the edge a bit.
The main image is from Outlines of course and is colored with my copics.
I used the whole panel and edged it with copper metallic pen.
The big goldish orange leave was done with a mold and toilet paper (yup good ol TP) - then I sprayed it with several colors of glimmer mist.
Lastly down at the bottom of the leaf is a leaf charm made from shrink paper and colored gold with rub-on paste. I had really hoped to find a charm somewhere in my stash that said 'Give Thanks' but couldn't find one - even made a last minute run to JoAnn's to see if they had any with no luck, so for now this it it....
No so short a post after all.....but all for now.
Take Care
Tera


























3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so pretty and lots of work girl!Love how you set off the beautifully colored image with a wreath of leaves! Thanks for joining Outlines Blog challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Jenny Gropp said...

OMG--- so much work went in to this!!! I enjoyed reading about creating the leaves and all the extra touches you added.... really makes them stand out. Thanks for playing with Outlines!!!!

Kecia said...

WOW! I adore this! All of the textures, and the gorgeously colored layering collage! I have "fallen" for your creation!