Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sweet Beginings

Hallo,
Rainy day here and a bit of wind and thunderboomers too - great day to sleep and play in the craft room - but I didn't get much time in the craft room. Once I got up I went over to the local pub to watch the Huskers play - took along some stuff to color (I cannot seem to just sit and watch - have to have something to do!!!)
Tropical storm Lee is bringing us lots of rain - DH emptied about 6 inches out of the pool this am and looks like he'll need to drain more again tonight....
Todays project is one of my baby collections - memory box with memory book, card and embellishments.
This first picture is of the top of the box - its a cigar box that I covered with paper and decorated. This box had some nice wood so I left parts of it showing. The main image is from 'My Favorite Things' as is the phrase. The footed onsie is from 'Impression Obsession' and the regular onsie with phrases is from Gina K. The main image is colored with prismacolor pencils.

The buttons are cut with a die from 'My Favorite Things' using scraps of the same papers I used to cover the box and the book with.
The inside bottom of the box is lined with brown felt.
The book is a chipboard book that has 8 pages (including the covers) and is covered with paper and the front decorated similar to the top of the box.
I made a card to match and cut a bunch of buttons and little onsies so they can be used to decorate the pages.
This gift set will be going up on my Etsy site tomorrow afternoon (or morning if I get to it earlier....).
All for today - Take Care
I for one am enjoying the rain here this weekend - we haven't had much rain lately so its nice to have !!
Tera




























3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

How clever and ADORABLE!!~

Theresa said...

What a fabulous project. So very creative. What a wonderful gift to give to someone. Beautifully done!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is beyond adorable! I love all things baby, and this little set is a real treat. Lots of love went into it, it's plain to see. So many wonderful details! Each photo reveals another totally fabulous element to the set. So cute!