Friday, September 16, 2011

Timeless layers

Hallo,
A short post for me this am - short day for me as I am going in to work early for a co-worker who needed to get out a bit early......
Another card for a release challenge over at Flourishes - check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
The challenge this time is to use '3 layers - no more, no less...'
I did 2 cards that are pretty much the same other than a change-up of color.
I will have to say that they didn't turn out like I had envisioned.....to me they kinda look a bit cluttered.....
Base cardstock = 1 layer, next layer is DP that I ran through a texture folder with timepieces on it and highlighted with ink.
Main panel is stamped with stamps from Flourishes - I used lighter and darker inks and then used black for the sentiment. The panel is cut with a Spellbinders die and edged with copper mettalic pen - then I used copper 'liquid beads' to frame the die with this first one.
With the second card I edged the main panel with silver mettalic pen and used silver liquid beads.

I like the blue version better 0 except I got the phrase off kilter.....ah well....thats how you know its hand made right?
Ok all for me - errands to run and a nap to get.....
Take Care
Tera

No comments: