Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things with wings....

Hallo,
Back posting for today again....I may catch up by friday :)....
Todays project is for a challenge over at Mark's Finest Paper blog for things with wings. I only have 2 of their stamp sets (durn budget...) but lucky for me the Halloween set has an owl and bats :)
Check out the challenge here - www.marksfinestpapers.blogspot.com
The base is chipboard that I covered with paper and put a hanger on with some twine. Then I took my Spellbinders largest bat die and cut a bat out of the DP. Then I traced the same die onto brown paper to make it slightly larger for a back layer.
I stamped onto the DP with a stamp from MFP of course and embossed with black. I edged the DP with copper metallic pen.
I also did up the back side - using more of my huge stash of leaves and a phrse from another MFP stamp set.
This little hanging is only about 5 inches by 6 - but I think it turned out really cute!!!
All for today folks - still debating whether I should cook supper or head back to the craft room......
Take Care
Tera


















4 comments:

Brenda said...

Awesome Halloween hanging!!! Thank you for playing along this week with Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

Carol Hurlock said...

How cute! These are just fabulous. I have been eyeing that Spellbinders bat die for some time. I love what you did with it. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends "Things with Wings" Challenge this week. It is a delight to visit you to see what you made for our viewing pleasure. Good luck in the drawing and hope you can play with us again next week!

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Terry said...

Love your "Things with Wings" hanging! I love how you used that die to create a Halloween theme! Fabulous leaves also!

Winnie and Patty said...

What a perfect card for the challenge this week! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!!!