Sunday, September 25, 2011

Halloweenish Decor

Hallo,
Stopping in to show you one of my projects for the day....
I did some yard work this am while the weather was cool - after a walk with my DH and my ol mutt. One of my vines had gotten away from me big time this summer and had grown 30/40 feet up into the nearby tree. Although I am sure it may have been pretty in spring when it bloomed it was starting to overtake the tree in parts. So 40 minutes, a 10 foot ladder and my DS climbing the tree later I have most of the vines out - there was another weed vine up there too from across the fence.....my poor tree looks much better, and I saved as much of the vine still attatched and tied it along the fence so maybe it will grow along the fence now instead like I had initially started him to do.....
Anyway, once I got to the craft room this went together pretty easy. Remember the leaves that I went crazy cutting and embossing - well this is my second plaque using them and really have not even made a dent (I see lots of leafy projects in my fucture :). I did this one Halloween style and with all the layers it fits perfectly for this weeks challenge over at the Outlines blog which happens to be for 'layers'. Check out the challenge and all the DT inspiration here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com

I used black coredinations paper for the base layer and a spiderweb texture folder - sanding off so the web showed up better, then the leaves - glued on in layers around the edges and hanging off the edges a bit.
The main images are from Outlines - colored with copics and layered first to some brown patterned paper and then to a copper shimmer paper (both scraps from recent projects - the leaves were cut from scraps in my scraps files and the black coredinations paper was also in my scrap files :).
All for today folks - am sposed to work tonight so I had better get myself a nap (my brain works better at 3 am if I do anyhow :)
Take Care
Tera



























1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just outstanding! So much work and perfect for display! Thanks for joining us at Outlines last week, hope you will join in this week as well! ♥ Sue Kment