Friday, January 7, 2011

Glitter Rejoice


Hallo,
WELLLLL - I am backposting for today....the candle I was burning at both ends on thursday caught up to me yesterday (friday)....I managed to get a couple errands done in the morning and then the crash hit - I was checking email around noon and kept falling asleep (not like I had that many emails...) so I decided to take my pre-night shift work nap early before the kids got home....
DS got home from school and wanted to go over to a friends house and DD had after school functions till evening time so I went back to bed and only got up in time to get ready for work.....
I haven't done that in a long time.
So I finally got a bit of craft time today - saturday - (not much sleep after work again today - guess I don't learn do I...but I wanted to go to lunch with the family before we all dispersed for the day.....).

I did this card for Flourishes Christmas challenge over at the Flourishes forum at Splitcoaststampers - the challenge this time was to reuse something you got for Christmas - i.e. wrapping or ribbon from a package, or in this case the inside of an envelope from a bill that we got at Christmas time :).
This envelope had a pretty patern so I kept it and stamped the 'Rejoice' from Flourishes in navy ink and colored it with spica glitter pens.
I had origionally thought to layer it to some blue paper but this one paper packet caught my eye and this DP just seemed to fit - the diamonds do kinda match the squares of the envelope paper and its a good contrast. I edged the Rejoice panel with gold mettalic pen and then used double sided tape on the edges of the DP and stuck gold micro beads all around the edges. (A gift from my Secret Sister from Stamp TV - Janice :)
Overall I was happy how it turned out - if I keep up with these challenges I should have a few Christmas cards done for 2011....

All for today - sitting on the couch to play on the computer while the DH watches football....no telling how long before the sleepys catch up to me so had beter sign off.
Take Care
Tera

No comments: