Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Mittens


Hallo,

Well I cannot seem to get out of Christmas mode can I :)...I guess next years Christmas cards will not be a rush at the last minute at least :).

I actually had another project in mind for you today that was not Christmas but it grew from a simple card to a journal so its not quite finished yet :) and its almost time for me to get ready for work tonight....it would have been done earlier but I decided to sleep this am....usually I get up and run errands for the day and take my pre-night shift nap in the afternoon before getting ready for work. Well I got up early and made some breakfast before the kids went to school at 630 am (a rare thing for me to make breakfast) but as I was checking email after they left I kept falling asleep so I went back to bed and didnot set an alarm so it was noon before I got up....I guess I needed the extra rest (I went to bed last night early and slept all night so I don't know why I was sooo tired...) And it is nice to not have to take a nap now that the kids are home from school - even is they are both holed up in their rooms doing homework.......

Well I did this card yesterday afternoon for one of the recent release challenges over at Stamp TV/Gina K - it was a color challenge for kraft, brown and turquoise - I still have these sets sitting out to finish off a couple Christmas projects(that I didn't get done) that I am determined to finish.....

I used distress embossing powder on the embossed mitten on brown paper and double sided tape and seed beads (from my SS Janice) on the bigger mitten done with DP. Kraft cardstock is the base.

All for now - time to get in the shower for work - May have the journal for you tomorrow - once the covers are dry it won't take long to finish off.....I will see how much energy I have after I get off work in the am....

Take Care

Tera






No comments: