Friday, November 18, 2011

CSS Inspirational Hop

Hallo,
I am so glad to be hopping this evening - I had missed one or two of the last Gina K CSS Alumni hops due to general crazy business!!!
This time we are using the top photo as an inspiration for our projects. They reminded me of Christmas tags (and reminded me that I had planned on making a bunch this year - had actually planned to make them last year and never got to them.....)
If you are following along the hop them you came to me from the wonderfully talented Sharri - www.istamp4u.blogspot.com/2011/11/gkd-css-alumni-hop.html
Gina is also giving away a free stamp set this time - $24.95 or less - for one lucky commenter.
All you need to do is leave lots of sweet comments along the hop and on Tuesday am the 22 - we will chose one random commenter to win the free set!!! :)

Ok on to my tags - all stamps are from Gina k. (the to/from's are hand written).
I first covered the backs of the ornament shape with Christmas DP that I had gotten on sale last year - I forgot to take pics of the backs.....
I then stamped them all with either the music or words from the Vintage Borders set in tea dye distress ink.
Then I divided them up into piles (I did about 100 of these tags to give mixed sets to my family this year) and stamped then with stamps from the Heirloom Ornaments,Vintage Borders, Winter Mittens, and Light of the Season sets - in red, green, blue and purple. I did a little quick coloring on the candle image with prismacolor pencils.
And in keeping with my attempts to recycle and use up my stash - the ornament shape is the lid to cups we used to use at work (we used the cups but not the lids so instead of throwing them away, I saved a bunch - I used about half my stash of these with this round of tags....). I used Christmas paper that I got last year for the backs and then really dug deep into my stash from a knitting spree 3/4 years ago an brought out all the tag ends of yarn that matched and am using the yarn for the tag ties :) Yea me!!!!
Ok all for me today - Now you really need to see what Vicki has in store for you as I am sure it is Awesome - www.allidoisstamp.blogspot.com/2011/11/gkd-css-blog-hop.html
I am working all weekend (3 - 12 hour shifts in a row - sniff, sniff, poor me ) but I have some stuff lined up for you so pop back in if you have time!!
Have a great weekend!!!!
Tera








































































54 comments:

Sharri said...

Wow! Tera these tags are fabulous! I love that you recyled! I really need to do that more.

Lori said...

What a great idea to make tags and they are all fantastic Tera!!

Miesje said...

How clever! Now why didn't I think of that!? Great tags.

Carla S. said...

Fantastic tags, Tera! Very creative design! Love the images you used!

buggin2stamp said...

Love your fun festive tags. Very cool idea.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tera- Wowza. these are great! 100 of them-I am impressed, but how cool to share them. They are reaaly awesome!

Melissa said...

Wow Tera, lots of awesome tags you created. Great take on the inspiration photo.

Betty Neville said...

Fabulous tags Tera! So fun and festive! How wonderful that you put the lids to good use!

Vicki Dutcher said...

AWESOME take! Perfect tags for use on presents!! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

how clever - now IF I get my cards done..will be back over here to case these wonderful tags!!

Carolina said...

Seriously brilliant - tags!!! Love how you were inspired by the inspiration piece...each tag is just so adorable in every way!

Kris in Alaska said...

Oooh... I wasn't much of a tag person until I saw yours! Love them all! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Tera, great way to recycle! Your tags are both fun and beautiful.

Theresa Momber said...

What a beautiful set of tags, Tera! I love the layered stamping.

Cheri said...

Love, love, love them Tera! Wow! What fabulous tags!!! I especially love the recycled tops.....great idea!!!

Kay S said...

Your tags are fabulous, Tera! What a great idea to recycle the cup lids to make tags.

Pam said...

these tags are awesome. I can't decide which I like the best. Isn't that a good place to be. Very pretty

Tosha said...

Another too cool idea,thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

FUN tags, love the collage look of them!

Nana Griffin said...

Wow great tags!

The Vannoy Family said...

Thanks for sharing your projects - always love the CSS Alumni Blog Hops - such inspiration you ladies have! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

redwasher1 said...

Totally awesome tags!! Great inspiration!!

Susan said...

Love the tags and the stamping!

Gayle said...

Tera, very creative tags. I love the whole set.

richardbreaks said...

WOW, terrific tags!! Just beautiful.

KVencel said...

Very nicely done and kudos to you for recycling!

Ina G said...

What a beautiful job on those gorgeous tags. A gift with them would be supurb and the tag a great keepsake.

Gladys R. said...

I really like the tags.
Neat way to recycle those
lids.
Gladys R.

Unknown said...

Wonderful set of such pretty tags!!
Great job.
Thanks for sharing.
Donna

The T-Shirt & Tole Shop said...

cute tags

Nancy Jensen said...

What cute ornaments! They would make such great Christmas gifts!

Sharon said...

What cute tags! and such a great idea!

Cheryl S. said...

I love that you recycled when you made these adorable tags!! Terrific job.

Rosy Newlun said...

I love the recycled idea - go you! I have lots of yarns I can combine with cards, too - thanks for the reminders! love your color choices!

aloha, rosy

Valerie said...

Really fun tags. Great idea.

Patti J said...

Awww...Tera - your gifts are going to look SO pretty with these beautiful tags on them! Great project! Thanks for sharing...

kaybee said...

Love the tags. Great idea. Love the vintage look of them, yet modern.

Bonita said...

Great tags. Very colorful and cute. Thanks

dedesu3 said...

Love those tags they are great.
Dee T

Jill said...

Beautiful tags. I love them all! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

CraftyJo said...

Wow, what a busy lady! Gorgeous tags.

Riette said...

Lovely tags! Hope the recipients keep them for next year's tree!

I'm Carol said...

Fun and festive tags! Great ideas.

Barbara Colbert said...

Great looking tags!

crotnem said...

Love how simple no masking at all!!!

cardchemist said...

The tags are great! I always plan to make some. Maybe this year

MizMaryAnn said...

Wow, you sure did an outstanding job on all those beautiful tags. Nice job.

mermaid fenicia said...

those are very nice and colorful tags ^_^

Kim said...

Great minds think alike...the first thing I though of was tags also :)

jazy1m said...

Awesome tags. Thanks for sharing.

An'Jenic G. said...

aww your tags are beautiful!

Lagene said...

Love your tags!!! Beautiful!

joy said...

These are GREAT tags! I love them!

Cheryl Wright said...

I love your tags - they are stunning!!