Friday, November 25, 2011

Drier sheet technique



Hallo,

Well since I was on call for work last night I got up early this am and did just a tad bit of Black Friday shopping :) I was at AC Moore at 445 because they were giving a $10 gift card for the first 50 customers - DS went with me because he talked me into a trip to Game Stop. So after AC Moore and Game stop was a trip to Jo Ann's and I was done - well sorta, I did make several cyber stops :)

I also got home early enough that everyone was asleep still (DS went back to sleep :) so I headed for the craft room :).

I did this card for the current challenge over at Flourishes for the Timeless Tuesday challenge. The challenge was to use the 'drier sheet technique' . Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/

First I colored the main image - from Flourishes of course - with prismacolor pencils, and then ran the image throught my xyron to get the front side sticky. I then stuck a used drier sheet to the front over the image. Since drier sheets are a bit porous after using them in the drier, I added a bit of glitter and rubbed it in. I did use a bit of workable fixative over the top just to make sure that the glitter stayed put.

I then cut out my image with a Spellbinders die and edged the die with a gold metallic pen and layered it to the music background paper.

I then added a phrase from another Flourishes set below the image, and accents with a gold viva decor pen. The music DP edges were roughed up a bit and then I edged them with distress ink.

Well all for today - have a couple projects in works and tomorrow is when we are having our turkey dinner .

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and have a great weekend!!!

Tera









3 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card. I love how bright it showed up under the dryer sheer. Thanks so much for playing at FTTC. :)

Beate said...

Lovely card! I love the bright colors you used for your image, so that it still show through the dryer sheet.
Thanks so much for participating in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful Tera! You rocked the dryer sheet technique! Hugs ~S~