Thursday, November 17, 2011

Impression Obsession - no DP

Hallo,
Well its an early morning for me but the old meow woke me and I couldn't get back to sleep.....its nice and cool here again this am and a few sprinkles of rain here and there which will probably clear out in an hour or so (which is good because my ol mutt is whining for a walk...)
A card for you today based on the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog - which is "NO Designer Paper" Check it out here - http://www.mitrafriant.typepad.com/
This was actually an easy challenge for me as I LOVE background stamps - I have a boatload of background stamps but only 2 from IO. This one is the 'cover-a-card-kaleidoscope #CC028 and the main image is also IO and is 'Santa Window #H1793
This is a fairly simple 2 layer card - I stamped the background stamp with dark blue onto the light blue card base and distressed the edges a bit with the dark blue too.
The main image was colored with prismacolor pencils and then added spica glitter pen to the snow and Santa's beard and parts of the frame.


I embellished with a corner sticker and some liquid pearl dots from tulip (the dimensional fabric stuff works great on paper too - I will admit it does take a bit longer to dry than the viva decor pens but on the other hand the tulips are nicely less expensive!!!)
I am hoping to get in a bunch of craft time today as my house is mostly clean (as it ever gets anyhow....) just a couple little errands to run and I should be able to get a bunch of stuff done today.
I have some baby girl Christmas ornaments almost done - when done they will be up on the Etsy site as well as back posted for yesterdays post (I hate blank spots in my little ol blog :). I also have some Christmas tags in the works - but you will have to wait for tomorrow to see those (tomorrow evening as I am hoping to have 2 posts tomorrow).
All for now - Take Care
Tera

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What a great combination of colors, Tera! Love the stained glass look and Santa's glasses are very clever too! Beautiful scene!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!