Monday, November 21, 2011

Flourishes 'Flag it'

Hallo,
Boy was it hard to get up this afternoon - I had set my alarm for 1230 but 4 hours just wasn't enough - finally drug myself out of bed about 130ish.....
I made 2 pumpkin pies and checked mail (email and snail mail), ran to the dry cleaners and then managed to get this card done.
I did this card for the current FTTC challenge over at Flourishes which was to use a flag in your creation.
I don't have and flag or banner dies so I just cut this one free hand.
The main image is colored with prismacolor pencils and cut out with a Spellbinders labels die and layered to another Spellbinders die with the banner tucked inbetween.
The background was done with coredinations paper (white with a gold core) and a texture folder (and sanded off to reviel the gold...).
I am getting pretty good at useing up scraps lately - I had used the coredinations paper to cover a wedding themed gift box and then I used the left over pieces on a couple cards - this being one.
Last but not least I used some viva decor pearl pen in gold for accents. Oh yes the flag is the back side of the coredinations paper stamped with a phrase from another Flourishes set.
Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
All for today - dinner to start and maybe some more craft table time....
Take Care
Tera











4 comments:

Beate said...

Great card for the challenge. I love the embossed background!
Hugs and smiles

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! Those candles fit perfectly in that Labels die! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Love the blue candles and all the vibrant colors! Thanks for playing with FTTC :)

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~