Monday, November 14, 2011

House Mouse Thanks

Hallo,
Well a busy day for me....I tried to finish off some Christmas ornaments that I had intended to get done this weekend but discovered that the ornaments I had were to big....so I made a trip to JoAnn's and knocked out a couple other errands too. Then since I had to get a few groceries anyhow - I decided to get my Thanksgiving dinner groceried too and boy howdy, I think everyone had the same idea as me....
I almost never go to the commisary (military for grocery store) on the weekends and din't want to wait till next week but I guess everyone hads the same idea today. Then I get all the way to the car to remember that I forgot pie crusts.....so if figured I might as well get it over with and waded in for the second time..... I really needed my nap (pre-night shift work nap) for more than one reason today :).
Well todays project I made for the currrent challenge over at the House Mouse and Friends blog - which was to make a 'Thankful' project. Check out the challenge here - www.housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com

Although I have never seen lilacs grown in these colors - we(when I was a kid) used to take some blooms and dry them and then spray them with watered down tempra paints....so that is how I decided to color these today :)

The stamp is of course a HM stamp and I colored it with prismacolor pencils. I cut the main image with a Spellbinders die using an out-of-the-box technique and layered it to another cut from the same die.

All for today - time to get some super and get off to work for the night.
Take Care
Tera
















5 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Tera, I love the lilacs done in those colors! My granddaughter tells me that teddy bears can be any color she chooses from the crayon box so I would say that applies to lilacs, as well. That's such an adorable stamp! Your card is marvelous. So glad you're playing in the challenge at House Mouse & Friends.
NanaConnie GDT

Sue said...

Hi ya
fabulous card, great colouring of this great image, lovely design, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, sue,x

scrapperjulia said...

I love the fall colors that you have used here! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends!
Julia-Guest DT

Christine said...

Love your colouring on this image great layout fab creation..

thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends chall this wk

smiles Christine x

Sue said...

Love how you used this stamp, Tera!
The black behind it looks great. Colored image is adorable. Thanks for joining us again at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue